Liz and I had a very productive day yesterday. Six hours of pouring over our stories on a fact finding mission. We came to the conclusion that much revision was needed in Madelaine.
Locked up in my office with pots of tea and scones and then a lunch sandwich we hooted and laughed as we plotted the next plan of action. It was a great exercise as we only usually edit for 20 minutes at a time. Conclusion: Liz is "fixing" the background on Madelaine and making a few changes to the story. Pam is getting on with" Body" this morning.
We are often asked how we can do two stories at once and I think Liz answered that and I agree.
When you start with a story everything about the other disappears and you get totally focussed on the new one. I have found that the story I am working on is the one I love the best, or at least the characters are my favourites. But when I turn over to the other I feel the same.
It's a good day to be inside as the pathways are just sheet ice and I have no desire for broken bones. If this blog is nothing else we will keep our readers up to date with the weather!
Pam
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts Viewed This Week
-
Sept 28, 2026 A brief update from Jamie Tremain. Currently our efforts are concentrated with the Mechanic Falls Gem Caper Series we co-writ...
-
After three months its finished – well the fifth draft, at least, is done of Body Perfect. As mentioned before Pam and I have put oursel...
-
Or...I need to take a break! As Pam mentioned, we have agreed to a major revision to a pivotal component of Madelaine. In my initial enthus...
-
Slothful says she…well here’s my weekend’s activities. Yesterday saw me off to the bank at 9 a.m. to take care of some paperwork. Then it wa...
No comments:
Post a Comment