Monday, December 14, 2020

ADIOS 2020!

 

Not sorry to see the end of 2020! Vaccines are here so perhaps the end of COVID’s stranglehold on our lives and economies is nearing an end.

Christmas and other holiday times with family and friends to gather have been disrupted and put on hold. But I am grateful to say that my family and friends have been kept safe from the virus. Understandably, though, patience with restrictions is wearing thin. Cracks, often quite large, are showing up with our compliance efforts. I will continue to play nice and abide by best medical advice, but long for the day when I can grocery shop sans mask or no regard for “senior hours”. 

Pam and I still await word from our publisher on the status of Beholden To None,  the third (and last for a while) in our Dorothy Dennehy mystery series. We are anxious to move forward with our next series under development – Grant’s Crossing.  The first book tentatively called Grant’s Crossing – Death on the Alder is now undergoing beta reader testing and final edits. Then begins the process of shopping for a new publisher or taking the plunge and self-publishing.

I’ve been polishing up my short story skills, venturing submissions here and there, and a contest or two. Nothing COVID related either!  Although, never say never.

Baking has become my second most prolific past time, next to writing, this year.  My sister and I have partnered together to produce Christmas fruit cakes and assorted cookies and treats to package and distribute via porch drops to family and friends over the next week or so.

 
                                             
Not everyone's cup of tea, but I love traditional English Christmas Fruitcake!  My sister, Michele, faithfully follows our Mother's recipe every year.

Where would we be these days without video options to keep in touch with family, friends, and for me, the writing community.

Netflix, Prime, Crave, and Acorn TV platforms have kept me entertained. Among shows I had to binge are The Sounds and Queen’s Gambit. Loving Season 3 of Star Trek-Discovery! I'm also watching Castle Rock now, which seems appropriate as evenings are dark and the balcony has gone into hibernation. I’ve  been trying to read more, which helps me, as a writer, become more aware of writing styles, likes and dislikes.

So, I wonder what 2021 will have in store for Jamie Tremain?  For you, I wish health, happiness and an appreciation for all that is still good in this world. Oh, and keep reading, too. Please!

Until next year, this half of Jamie Tremain wishes you a Merry and Blessed Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, and all things good for this holiday time of year.




See you in the New Year!

Cheers!

Liz

 


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to hear you are well, Liz. All my best to you and yours.

Dee

Liz said...

Thanks, Dee!
Here's hoping 2021 will be a much better year on so many levels! Take care, and good to hear from you. :-)

Liz

Popular Posts Viewed This Week