Monday, September 1, 2008

SEPTEMBER 1 - Already?????

Is it just me, or is time flying by at an ever faster rate? It feels like only the other day I sat here and bemoaned the winter, and now summer has pretty much had its run! Trees are rapidly turning colour and shedding leaves. But at least thanks to the abundance of rain this summer, the shrubs and lawns are still a healthy green. Autumn is my favourite time of year, it still speaks of new beginnings and starting fresh on projects - a long held throw back to the school year, and by this time in my life, I don't think that's going to change now.

Today is a beautiful sunny day, some humidity, but no rain in the immediate forecast.

By now Pam is hopefully ensonced with her friends on an island locale...it really sounded intriguing and I hope she has a wonderful and restful time. I wonder if indeed she did manage to wrap up a few chapters while on the 5 hour drive. That's not something I've ever been able to do, read or write, while in motion. However, I do reserve final judgement on that because I have a feeling if I had a laptop to work on, that might be a different thing entirely! But then one runs the risk of missing something happening outside the vehicle.

Today is a stat holiday - Labour Day. And to celebrate I am not going to do much, although I feel I should vacuum out the season's reminders from my car. Lots of gravel, bits of grass and other items not worthy of description!

Yesterday I officially began work on the third (and final?) draft of Madelaine. Chapter one has been revised, and Pam has left me with several more chapters to bring up to date. So I'll see how productive I really feel!

Hope everyone has a good week - Pam is fortunate to be away from work for a few days, she really needs a chance to recharge her batteries. For myself, I have a few days coming up in October to anticipate!

Enjoy the day!
Cheers!

Liz

No comments:

Popular Posts Viewed This Week