Thursday, June 21, 2012

What’s a girl to do?



I left my air conditioned house and ran to my air conditioned car. It’s 34 degrees and the humidity makes it feel like 40+. I am not a happy camper in the heat but the garden centre has a 50% off sale on bedding plants and baskets. I still need a few flowers to complete my tiny patio and garden. So, what’s a girl to do? Did I tell you 50% off! I grabbed my reusable bags for groceries and if I remember them in the car it’ll be a miracle.

So the plan was... select a few plants for a song and hit the grocery store where I might stay for the rest of the day as its usually cold enough to hang meat.

1 hanging basket; 1 clematis to plant under my Corkscrew Hazel tree that has died, and a large container of Basil. The plants and I were wilting after twenty minutes in the sun so the garden centre watered them before I stashed them in the trunk. To cool off I walked the 50 yards to the mall where I knew I could cool down and have a drink.

Sufficiently refreshed I started to wander when I noticed signs that said...Sale 50%off. So, what’s a girl to do? One can always find something at 50% off!
So I wandered some more and tried on a few things but everything I liked was not on sale. When I had satisfied my retail appetite I had some lunch in the food court and then made my way home.

My husband helped me unload the car of plants and then asked....Where are the groceries?

Well, what’s a girl to do? I mumbled something about.. it would be better to do one thing at a time in this heat. It’s now after six pm. The groceries have been put away and as I write this in my office I watch out the window as the trees begin to bend. Yes, yes, a storm is on the way. Liz has just reported thunder in Guelph so we won’t be far behind. I’m not cooking dinner in this heat, so, what’s a girl to do?

As I post this the rain is lashing the windows and I feel like taking a walk outside just to feel cool.Perhaps a walk to the fish and chip shop is in order?

Talk soon,

Slainte,

Pam

No comments:

Popular Posts Viewed This Week