Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Five More Now!


Yes, Christmas is nearly upon us!  Unlike Pam I can find little enjoyment in rushing from store to store, enduring line ups and parking woes. To be fair though, I’m sure there is a huge difference when the work day is not part of the picture, but I will have to wait a few more years to find out for myself.  Seems we get so caught up in all the bustle of the season that we often lose focus on the real benefits; time spent with family and friends; a time to reflect on the meaning of what we are celebrating and what is really important in our busy lives.

Having said that, I made a quick stop on the way home from work yesterday to pick up one last minute item for little ones on my list and one other  gift.  Otherwise all is done, and wrapped and ready for giving.   Our family get together will be Friday evening in order to accommodate one and all with work schedules.

At work, the food and toy drive surpassed last year’s by leaps and bounds, with the Salvation Army being very appreciative of the number of gifts donated for children age 10 and older – this is an age group which doesn’t get as much attention as younger tots.    Kudos to all who took the time to think of others they will probably never know and help make their Christmas day a little nicer.

But like Pam, I do bemoan the lack of snow for Christmas – none in the forecast either.      I know its better for travellers, but there’s nothing like seeing soft snow falling on a Christmas Eve to set the mood.   Forecasts have been known to change, right?

Work loads are easing somewhat in these few remaining days of 2011, giving us a breather of sorts.  Who knows what the New Year will bring – so time to do some desk cleaning and file organizing while the opportunity exists!   Taking some Christmas music with me this morning to listen to while I work.

Along with Pam (and Jamie Tremain) I wish you and yours a Very Merry Christmas – be safe, enjoy family and friends and remember why it is that we celebrate Christmas.

Cheers!

Liz


No comments:

Popular Posts Viewed This Week