July 1 - Canada's birthday and there is no country I would rather live than my own Canada!
We may not be as openly patriotic as our cousins to the south, but that doesn't mean we love our home any less. I am heartened to see more and more signs that is slowly changing - more and more flags appear, bumper stickers , and car magnets announce that we proudly support our troops.
And of course Canadian literature! I must confess I tended to shy away from all things Canadian, (dare I say that I don't "get" Margaret Atwood!) until I joined a small book club, where we focused a lot on Canadian authors - what an eye opener!
I'm glad Pam had a such a nice day yesterday. As for vacations, I on the other hand am quite happy to find a locale which would afford me the luxury of doing NOTHING all day long...well other than working through a growing stack of novels awaiting my attention! A well stocked cottage by a quiet lake would be wonderful right about now.
Ah well, back to reality - some chores to tackle today and then all being well, some time to devote to Madelaine!
So to my fellow Canadians - HAPPY BIRTHDAY, eh?
Cheers
Liz
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts Viewed This Week
-
On Cruising That Is I’ve just returned to winter here in Southern Ontario after a glorious week in the Caribbean, and crossing off the ...
-
Sept 28, 2026 A brief update from Jamie Tremain. Currently our efforts are concentrated with the Mechanic Falls Gem Caper Series we co-writ...
-
Happy New year to all. Read our horoscopes this morning and by all accounts 2009 is a banner year for both Liz and I. We will certainly be w...
-
Saturday afternoon - its been a beautiful day weather wise (won't talk about what's in the forecast for tomorrow.....grrrr!) I have ...
No comments:
Post a Comment