Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Timing is Everything

Good morning :-)

What a great day to not have to drive to work! Another snowfall has been heaped upon us, and although it seems to have stopped for now, the forecast is for more throughout the day. My car is in the shop for $$$$ repairs today and so my first ‘vacation’ day of 2009 (booked before Christmas!) has allowed me to miss another snowy commute!

As well, I’ve arranged for delivery of a new sofa today.

BUT, more importantly! The time at home today allows me a chance to polish off Chapter One of Madelaine – Shadows and Light, as Pam and I plan to submit it to a publisher next week. There is a contest of sorts and the deadline is January 15! As far as submissions go, this one is probably the easiest we may ever come across, so first impressions are critical as I’m sure there will be a multitude of submissions.

Exciting and frightening all at the same time! The publisher promises a response by February 1 if they are interested. Realistically we both know that we are bound to receive our share of rejections, but you have to start somewhere right?

Onwards and upwards!

Cheers!

Liz

2 comments:

wendy czelusniak said...

Exciting ! I, on other hand , am remaining positive and hope to see Maddelaine in bookstores , everywhere !!!

PS Liz , good luck with your new sofa delivery ....do you know what kind of wheather is outside ? ...look out the window :) ...could be another day or two ? ( just kidding !)

Liz said...

Thanks Wendy...you'll certainly be among the first to know any updates...success or otherwise!

Wish the sofa was here now..I could do with a nap. The snow seems to have stopped, but its very dreary and looks like more on the way.

Cheers!
Liz

Popular Posts Viewed This Week