Friday, June 27, 2008

FRIDAY!!!!!

"I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading! How much sooner one tires of anything than of a book! When I have a house of my own, I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library! " Jane Austen

A love of words and of reading - what a blessing to be able to read. We have access to so many types of literature, authors, styles of writing. So many books, so little time! But here it is Friday and with it comes the implied promise of some "down" time, a chance to catch up on some reading, AND some writing! (Housework? What housework!)

This has been one very busy week at work - fighting fatigue most nights when arriving home, I know I've found it difficult to concentrate on the rewriting of Madelaine, but managed another Chapter last night.

Pam is fortunate to be starting a week's vacation time as of today, but she was pretty run off her feet today, trying to ensure last minute things are taken care of. I will be trying to cover a small portion of her duties next week, along with providing coverage for our manager who will also be away for a few days. Talk about fatigue - just thinking about what's in store next week already has me feeling drained. As relaxed as Pam might be able to get this coming week, I'm likely to be the exact opposite!

Still, right now its Friday and time enough to worry about all that come Monday! Tomorrow will be a family BBQ to celebrate my daughter Christine's birthday - hard to believe my 'baby' is 26!!!!

This is a long weekend for some fortunate enough to have taken Monday off, in addtion to our National Holiday on July 1 - HAPPY BIRTHDAY CANADA! For others, like myself, it means work on Monday, a day off on Tuesday, and then back for 3 days.

Well here's hoping some free time this weekend will provide the atmosphere for more rewriting of Madelaine..Pam is anxious to be writing again, and things are somewhat stalled right now until we can get Draft #2 completed...I'm hurrying as much as I can. I'm wanting to get on with Body Perfect as well, but of necessity its now on the back burner. We'll see what the weekend brings!

Enjoy it!

Cheers
Liz

No comments:

Popular Posts Viewed This Week