Sept 28, 2026
A brief update from Jamie Tremain. Currently our efforts are concentrated with the Mechanic Falls Gem Caper Series we co-write with fellow author, Gloria Ferris.
The series, to date, has two full length novels - Worlds May Change, and Where We Stand. We also have two seasonal novellas; Tequila Claus, for Christmas. And Tequila Harp - centered around St. Patrick's Day festivities. All in the fictional Ontario town of Mechanic Falls, of course. And with returning favourite characters, plus special guests for the two seasonal shorts.
As of this writing, we are working on the third full length novel to complete the original trilogy. The plan is for the release next year (2027) of Who We Were. And yes, a third novella will complete the seasonal trilogy set as well.
Some email are more detailed (and over the top gushing) than others, and the wording is easily recognizable from this blog, which is where the data is being scraped from.
***Attention would be scammer - if your AI driven program to scoop writer and book information sees this you know you'll get no response from either Jamie Tremain or Ferris Tremain! Give it a rest, already!
Although, sadly, I have seen embarassed accounts of authors who fell victim to these tactics, but grateful they can move past the embarassment to warn others.
And now, social media is awash with AI programs that promise to give you, the would-be-author, a complete book in just minutes. "Become a published author in minutes!" the ads scream. AAARRGGHH!
I could go on, but I think you might deduce that writing is not the enjoyable pursuit it once was. Still, we persist, because genuine authors love to write! It is part of who we are.
Which brings me to reading. Oh, I've enjoyed some well written, engaging, and page turning reads this past year!
Let's see - from the thirteen books so far this year, these stand out. Check out their works with links provided.
Sarah Alderson - The Cabin in the Woods. A fast paced thriller, with a satisfying ending. I've also read "The Weekend Away" by the same author. Another page-turner!
Ken Follett - Column of Fire (4th in his Kingsbridge series) - epic historical fact with fiction story, and continues the life and times of those living in and around Kingsbridge, England, circa 1500. (I'm now reading the final in the series - Armour of Light - bringing industrialization to England in the same locale). Fabulous series all in all, but with these two later books, I needed a pillow on my lap to rest the massive paperbacks! Can't imagine the muscles I'd build with hardcovers!
Thomas King - The DreadfulWater series - I've read the first three and all I could think was what a great TV series this would make. A crime mystery series, the main character (Thumps DreadfulWater) has such a wry sense of humour I laughed out loud more than once).
Madeline Martin - The Booklover's Library - set in WWII Nottingham, England, I learned things about life in England during the days leading up the war. A lovely story about a young widow and her daughter.
Terry Roberts - In the Fullness of Time. This one will stay with me a while. Relationships, and a time setting when there was more innocence than now. Wonderful characters and a rich back story for all of them.
If you might be on the hunt for a good read as the days grow shorter and the nights colder, I'd highly recommend any of these!
So for now, Happy Reading!
Liz
No comments:
Post a Comment