Friday, March 6, 2009

It's looking very shiny!

It has been a long time between posts but we are still here slogging away with the manuscript. Every time Liz and I read a chapter we find something else to correct or change. I read a great deal about submitting. Revise, revise, revise,they tell you until it is polished within an inch of it's life. Well it's looking very shiny now so....... upward and onward.

I have been home from my paid job all week as I had a cataract operation Tuesday. The last six months have been a trial with my hearing and then my eyesight. Now I have the new aids that I am enjoying and being able to see is a great feeling. Treated myself to a new hairdo so I am good to go!!

The weather here has turned positively balmy at 16 degrees. The sun has been shining all day and the large lumps of grey snow are gradually melting. It suits my mood and maybe, I said maybe, I will start walking again tomorrow. Start slow and see how I get on.

Liz has been having car problems but its all fixed now. We will have to sell lots of books if our cars keep costing us the money that they do. They are a necessary evil in Canada and taking public transit, if you don't live downtown is next to impossible. Liz lives nearly an hours drive from work and I have about 30 mins on a good day.

Many years ago when my mother was on a visit from Scotlandand we picked her up at the Airport. We were driving on a sixteen lane highway on the way to our home. Out of the blue my mother asked us where the bike lanes were!! Now, this is one of the busiest highways with a speed limit of 100km an hour. We were speechless as it had never occured to us that most places in the world used bikes. It took many years for bike lanes to be added to the roadways here, but not to that 16 laner.

Hope the w/e weather holds and of course we loose and hours sleep with "Spring Back". I intend to start reading Body Perfect to get into the skin of Delicious Dorothy and the handsome Paul Barrone. I have some ideas for their next adventure but have to finish this one first.

Talk soon.
Slainte,
Pam

No comments:

Popular Posts Viewed This Week