Thursday, December 24, 2009

CHRISTMAS EVE

It’s here!  Christmas is tomorrow!   All the hustle and bustle can, hopefully, come to a close this day.  It will be fun to see the excitement and laughter of the grandchildren as they delight in the innocence of it all.  Oh, to be a little one again and not get caught up in the commercial, competitive side of things.

Pam is enjoying a much needed week’s vacation and what a perfect time of year to not have to worry about work!  Although more than one manager has been heard to say this week, “I wish Pam were here; I need such and such”.

Like Pam I have been struggling to find time and motivation for serious writing; job hunting (unsuccessful to date); lack of sleep, and long days take their toll.  Early in the New Year, I should be no longer in the temporary management role I’ve had since January and I relish the thought of just having a daily routine of worrying only about me where work is concerned.  Even better would be the chance I can go back to a schedule of hours more suited to my early rising nature.

Still all complaints aside, there is much to be grateful for; a healthy family; wonderful trustworthy and loyal friends; a steady job and a roof over my head in the best country in the world.  These are the blessings which tend to be overshadowed at times by our negativity.  Not that I’m making a New Year’s Resolution, but it wouldn’t hurt to be more positive over the things I have, than the things I don’t.

So, lacking the proverbial crystal ball Pam mentioned, Jamie Tremain will continue to think positive and strive to make 2010 a year of success in one way or another.  I echo Pam’s thanks to those of you who are faithful followers – you are more appreciated than you will ever know!

And now its time to wish everyone the very best of Christmas joy and blessings. May you enjoy time spent with family and friends and never take the blessings in life for granted.

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all!

Cheers!

Liz

No comments:

Popular Posts Viewed This Week